I love peanut butter desserts. Reese anything, buckeyes, Hollywood squares, etc. Chocolate + peanut butter = the best thing ever (especially after a crappy day).
So the recipe I use for this is super SUPER easy & there's no baking... The recipe makes two pies, but you can easily split the recipe and make one, but you'll probably have leftover pudding.
Here we go:
2 graham cracker pie crusts (store bought or home-made, up to you)
1 box devil's food pudding (jello is the only brand that makes this flavor... a regular chocolate pudding would sub.)
1 block cream cheese
1 cup peanut butter
12 oz. cool whip
-Make pie crust if not using store bought
- Prepare devil's food pudding mix according to "pie" directions on box, and divide between the two pie crusts, let chill in refrigerator until set, about 1 - 1.5 hours.
- Mix block of cream cheese with 1 cup of peanut butter until well blended.
- Fold in 1/2 the container of cool whip.
- Divide peanut butter mixture between the two pies.
- Top both pies with the remaining cool whip.
I always let it set up in the refrigerator so the peanut butter layer cools off and sets up a little thicker before serving, which makes it easier to cut. Also, I use the devil's food pudding because it isn't as sweet as the regular chocolate pudding. I like my sweets, but really if it's too sweet tasting it can be a little overwhelming... My mom will eat this pie, and she doesn't like many sweet things.
I end up making two pies every time I make this, because I always make it for parties and family gatherings where I know plenty of it will be eaten It works out that you need one package of each of the ingredients, other than the pie crusts... so if you make one pie, you would have left over pudding (but that doesn't sound like a bad thing).
So... you should make this, and have friends over, and eat pie, and be merry.